Lately, many people are staying or working from home, and for this reason, the day becomes much longer. The main reason is that you do not have to commute an hour or two until the office. If you think you don’t have much to do at home, well, we found over 16 very interesting things you can do.
So we can make the most of our time 😊
- Read a book – it is the perfect way to disconnect for a few minutes/hours and travel in a more or less fictional world in which the author will take you.
- The perfect time to do binge-watch movies/series. What suggestions do you have?
- The Internet is big! So why not use it to improve your skills/knowledge? You can learn how to make a pivot in Excel or what are the most common scams to avoid in your next destination.
- Video games. ❤️ it would be best to set the alarm on the phone if you have responsibilities the 2nd day 😂
- Or the option with more social interaction Board Games
- Gather all your inspiration and express through colours on paper! Draw / Paint
- Cook. Try the gastronomy of another country and take your taste buds out of the comfort zone.
- Relax / Pamper yourself. Sometimes having 1-2 extra hours can even be a rarity so why not use them to pay attention to yourself?
- Visit virtual museums.
20 museums around the world that you can visit from home:
- The Louvre, Paris
- Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, New York
- National Gallery of Art, Washington
- British Museum, London
- National Museum of Anthropology, Mexico City
- Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History, Washington
- Rijksmuseum, Amsterdam
- Van Gogh Museum, Amsterdam
- Mocăniţa – Last of the Carpathian Forestry Railways, Romania
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York
- Dalí Theatre-Museum, Catalonia, Spain
- Nasa, Houston
- Pergamon Museum, Berlin
- Vatican Museums, Vatican City
- National Women’s History Museum, Alexandria, Virginia
- Uffizi Gallery, Florence
- National Museum of The United States Air Force, Dayton, Ohio
- National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Seoul
- Musée D’orsay, Paris
- Peleș National Museum, Sinaia, Romania
You can find more online tours on Google Arts & Culture
- Plan your next vacation. We are guilty, sometimes, of letting the vacation plans on the last seconds. For example, at the airport, one hour before the flight. But it’s a lot less stressful if you do it early.
- Physical exercises. Extra kilos will make their presence known if you are inactive for a long time. And who says you have to go to the gym to start exercising? There are a lot of people on Youtube who present you with full exercise programs.
- Communicate! It seems simple but caught up in the daily activity we sometimes forget to call our loved ones. Therefore if you have a little time available, call or send a message.
- Cleaning / Tidy up. We all have that drawer/closet /pc/hard-drive that we postpone to rediscover what is hidden there 😂.
- Listen to podcasts. Time goes by much faster when listening to music, and especially when listening to a podcast. Lately, podcasts have been getting more and more popular, so they have covered almost all the topics you might be interested in. There are podcasts dedicated to sports, travel, business, etc. With their help, you can find the latest news in the industry, learn from other people’s experiences and get inspired. Podcasts besides the audio format you can listen to in Spotify or Apple Podcast can also have a video format, so you can see the participants in the discussion. We already have a list of podcasts that we listen to weekly to find various information that helps us to develop personally and professionally.
- Edit your pictures from your vacation.
Now is the ideal time to rediscover the pictures taken on holiday and start selecting and editing them. This is what we do when we have a few hours to spare. In order to be more efficient, we have created a series of presets for Lightroom that we use almost every time.
Download 5 Lightroom Presets for Free
- Set/review your goals for the coming year. If you missed January to set your goals, no problem. You can do it anytime. The important part is to have a clear vision of what you want to achieve or what your travel plans are 😊. What countries you have planned to visit in the near future?