The most important things to keep in mind when planning a trip are:
- The destination
- Activities: what do you do and visit there
- The food
All of the above will have a greater or lesser impact on the budget you’ve allocated for the future experience.
We always try to save on at least one of the above categories, so we can stay 1-2 days more, visit a museum/tourist attraction or just have more money when you get back home. 😊
Today we will tell you about a couple of ways you can reduce the cost of your accommodation.
Note! We do not recommend to choose the most cheapest accommodation because the whole trip can get a bitter taste. We, however, are trying to find the best quality-price option.
You can use one, two or all of the tips below to find a cheaper accommodation:
- Compare prices for the same location on multiple sites.
- Sometimes if you call or present yourself directly at the hotel you can get a lower price than what is displayed online.
- Do not leave finding accommodations on the last minute because all good ones will be booked. Try to book even a few months in advance.
- Use discount codes / links. We offer you two such discounts:
Booking – 10% discount
- On some sites you can get discounts if you book a stay for more than a week or for a month. For example Airbnb.
- Avoid peak seasons (holidays, festivals), prices tend to grow (a lot).
- Delete cookies / history when looking for accommodation (and airline tickets).
- Do not get a cheap accommodation on the outskirts or outside the city. The transportation you will pay to get to and from the sights may be higher than if you had taken an accommodation closer to the tourist center.
- Find accommodation that has breakfast included. You can save up to 10 euros/day for two people and start your morning ready to go and explore.
- Compare the prices you find on the web with those on the mobile application. (We found a 30% cheaper accommodation this way 😊)
A free night?
- Choose overnight flights/transport. You will pay 0 for accommodation and the time spent between destinations will seem shorter.
- If you have friends in other corners of the country /globe, why not ask them if they can host you?
- Surely you can find either at the seaside or in the mountains, a place where you can place your tent. But the most important thing is to leave the location as clean or cleaner then you found it!