Cà phê dừa or Vietnamese Coconut Coffee is one of the unique coffees we fell in love with in Vietnam. From the first sip of coffee, we felt in the coconut heaven. The rich, creamy taste of coconut completes the acidity of the coffee perfectly, making it a perfect liquid dessert, which must be enjoyed to the last drop.
Coffee plays an important role in Vietnamese culture, and Hanoi is the center of coffee culture in Vietnam.
On a single street, you will easily find 3 or 4 cafes with people sipping on flavoured Vietnamese coffee, morning, lunch and evening.
The recipe is simple, easy and so delicious.
Ingredients (2 coffees):
- 3 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons of coconut pulp (preferably fresh coconut, we also tried with ripe coconut, and it was just a little crunchy)
- 50 ml of strong coffee
- 1 cup of ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon
- 2 cups of coffee
Instructions for Vietnamese Coconut Coffee:
- Put the ice cubes in the Blender.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk.
- Add the coconut milk and coconut pulp.
- Mix everything together and put the mixture for 15-20 minutes in the freezer.
- Divide the coconut mixture into two cups.
- Pour the coffee over the coconut mixture.
In Vietnam, we enjoyed another truly special coffee every time we had the opportunity. Namely, Coffee with egg yolk. Do you want to know more about it?